Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Using standard cable, my black levels look perfect, you can tell detail, and differences... the color isnt "florescent" and they are vibrant. Yet when I use my samsung 931 DVI dvd player using DVI Monster Cable to the Toshiba, all my blacks look really backlit, almost florescent in color. Blues, and reds are glowy, and also hard to deal with. Mostly blues and blacks though, for example in Star Wars Episode 1,2, Underworld, and the like its almost impossible to watch because of the backlit look to the black levels. The picture looks fake if that makes any sense.

We had the tv calibrated about a month ago, and it was great for about a day, the TV is less then 5 months old, but again now its back to the old way again. What concerns me is before the calibration all inputs looked like the DVD does now, but since the calibration the TV Digitial Cable looks great while the DVD has reverted back to the way it was before.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Do a search on the Samsung 931 to read more on issues with its color output. If you still can, you may want to return the player, as it is not a good mate for your Toshiba RPTV.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan420
When you say calibration, are you talking about an ISF cal. or user menu calibration?
Whatever the Best Buy protection plan does, they said I can do one a year for free, other then that its 400. Unfortunatly I was at work and my wife was the one who was home when he did it.. Im guessing a Service Menu Calibration is all he prolly did.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv
Do a search on the Samsung 931 to read more on issues with its color output. If you still can, you may want to return the player, as it is not a good mate for your Toshiba RPTV.
Will do. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.