Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys..

We're getting a new plasma to replace our old Fujitsu that got damaged in a fire (and sucked as hell anyhow being one of the first models)..

Now we want a plasma that won't have the halo effect so well known in the older models..

Now I heard so much goodness of the Panny, but I don't believe we have it in my country (Israel), though I heard Toshiba makes the exact same monitor using the Panny screens only with a silver framing, and looking at their specs they are the same. And we do have the Toshiba 42WP16 in Israel..

I read in this forum the Panny is the best in this size (must be 42" to fit), and might only be compared with the Nec MP3, but the difference in price here between the Toshiba and the Nec models is about 5700$ (45k nis vs 74k nis)!!

I don't believe the minor differences worth the extra cash.

It's just the damn importer that sells the nec $10,000 more than u can buy it on the net.

Anyone got expiernce with the Toshiba model? is it as good as the Panny?

Does is suffer from that solarisation/colour banding problem that the older Plasmas had?

Or from any other problem for that matter?

Thanks for all da help. :D

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
Hey,

I wrote you on a private message, but here's a recap:

1. The price difference is wrong - the NEC costs less than Toshiba. Not sure how much less (I have a different model).

2. I wasn't terribly impressed with an Earlier Toshiba. However, since Panasonic is DA BOMB, I expect this model to be as well.

3. Biodome's halo : the banding effect that occurrs when light is projected by something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got an offer for your plasma (the MP2) of $6400, add to that the 17% customs u are around 37,000nis..

Now yanir states the MP3 to be $12,965, lets assume they over react, i still believe the MP3 will be more expensive than the Toshiba. Need to check though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes no doubt our country is quite pricey for such products.

That's why i don't think i'll stay here later in my life..

army is over in two months, will see where my path takes me..

So.. The Toshiba is identical to the Panny then.. no reason not to buy it.

Being the MP3 is way too over priced here..

Though I would have liked a DVI connector.

Gotta decide now as we're moving back next week.

Toshiba it is.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Biodome

The Toshiba 42PW16 - is a Panasonic Consumer model in disguise; as far as I can tell they just get a different badge before being stuck in there respective boxes.

One point to keep in mind with the Toshiba being that you cannot retro fit the DVI board that is available for the Commercial Panasonic models.

Regards

Joe

PS Believe it or not we do get customers who refuse to take the Toshiba option because it has the 'wrong' badge on the front!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You mean because it doesn't write Panasonic on the front?

LoL.. i rather the silver slik Toshiba actually.. :)

And as i understand DVI on the Panny isn't that great anyhow not supporting full resolution or somethin of that sort..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.