AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the board. I posted this problem in another section, and the guys over there helped me out and pointed me to this setion. Hopefully someone can give some helpful insight on the problem I'm having with my T.V.

First off let me apologize and say I'm sorry because I have no idea what section to put this in. I guess you could say I'm a noob with all the AV lingo.

On my 43" Toshiba Hi definition tv (I don't have a model number right now, but i can grab it when I wake up in the morning) it looks like it's out of focus. When there are people on the T.V. they sometimes appear blurry. When looking at objects and words I feel like I have double vision. There could be straight lines on the television, and right next to the original straight line, there would be an exact copy right next to it, just not as bright. It is always like this. When there are words displayed they appear mirrored, I guess you could say, with the mirrored letters being more translucent and next to the actual letters. I hope that makes sense. It's also visible when I play videogames.

I have tried to mess with the color and sharpness and all that jazz but had no success. I hope its simply a replaceable part.

Someone from another section of the forum said it could be the convergence, and when I was adjusting the color and sharpness and whatnot, I saw an option for convergence. It had an arrow next to the word "convergence" and I tried pressing the arrows on my remote control but I saw no difference whatsoever.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

Please help guys, I have no idea what this could be and now I'm starting to think the whole T.V. is no good. ANY help is greatly appreciated!

- John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.