AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! I recently purchased a Toshiba 43HX71 TV. Was not happy with my cable picture reception, so I signed up for DirecTV. My picture is not any better than cable!!! I have the RCA DRD485RG reciever which gives me component outputs, figuring that would be better. Tried the S-video as well. Tried a new receiver from RCA thinking it was the problem, as well as different cables. No luck with either getting a better picture. A lot of pixelization and fuzzy pictures. My signal strength is 95, so I do not think that is the problem. I have called Toshiba and the repair guy can't make it for 2 weeks. Not sure if that is the issue though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I have this setup. It's a combination of a crappy deinterlacer and a crappy MPEG-ed signal. When DirecTV is sending good bits, the picture is much better.

That said, you NEED TO TURN OFF SVM. Period.

Use Movie mode and then adjust brightness, contrast, etc. from there. NEVER USE THE OTHER MODES.

Mark

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hello. I dont own this toshiba, but I did see one in the store. It was set-up playing ch 199 HD on Directv...which was great....really good picture. I asked the salesman to change the channel and to my amazement ..the picture was bad. I dont know about the different modes that the tv has or what you can change...but I was really not impressed with it in the store.....on the other hand the HD picture looked great...problem is with only 3 or 4 HD ch's I decided not to buy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark--

Thanks for the info! I looked in the manual. How do I turn off SVM??

Is that the same as the Film/Video selection in Cinema Mode off the Picture Menu?

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.