AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the two tv's that I am interested in basically for gaming and Blurays with the ocassional OTA HD with SD mixed in.

This is mainly 70 game/30 BR/HDDVD

I cant seem to figure out the difference between two models though besides the frame that the tvs are in.

THe UX seems glossier while the SL seems duller.

Both Tv's seem to be around the 800$ range and I can get the SL around town while the UX I would have to order online.

Anyone can help me out and figure out which one is the overall better model please thank you.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Toshiba is not very popular and they have kind of faded into relative obscurity in the US television market. Most people who buy toshiba sets are likely not enthusiasts, and thusly probably don't post here. They make some decent stuff though.

All I know is that the UX600 is older (2010), which probably explains why you have to purchase it online.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy /forum/post/20570920

Toshiba is not very popular and they have kind of faded into relative obscurity in the US television market. Most people who buy toshiba sets are likely not enthusiasts, and thusly probably don't post here. They make some decent stuff though.

All I know is that the UX600 is older (2010), which probably explains why you have to purchase it online.

Hmm your probably right it seems like the only thread about them was the 2011 lineup and everyone was mad at Tosh because they werent bring in their big guns to the states I think.

Thanks for telling me which set was older...I like trying out off brand tvs , bought an Olevia and if they didnt go bankrupt I think they would have been some damn good tvs.

I dont know why the wouldnt be more popular with samsungs ghosting all over the place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts