AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 46" LCD/Plasma for bedroom. I have been using Plasmas as my main family room TV for some time. Currently I have Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD 60" plasma and before that I had Panasonic 50PX60U 50" 720p plasma which has some permanent IR/burn-in on the sides. I am considering LCD because from time to time I am planning to use my bedroom TV as a PC monitor. It would be less than 3 hours a week as PC monitor and rest would be mostly HD cable. I have narrowed down to Toshiba 47ZV650U and Sony KDL-46XBR9. Features wise I am not really looking for any internet widgets/services even though Sony has one. I also looked into Panasonic G10/G15 but not sure if I should get Plasma if I am going to use it as PC monitor. Also pretty much new 2010 lineup is just around the corner for Panasonic and few other manufacturers so not sure if I should wait for couple months. What would you pick between Toshiba 47ZV650U and Sony KDL-46XBR9?

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is the price of each HDTV?

I see in online stores (amaz. .. on) the Toshiba costs $ 1000 and the Sony $ 1700 for a bedroom TV, I see no sense to spend 70% more and possibly even a plasma would be appropriate, so were the Panasonic X1 or G10/G15; may have the TV to 8-10 feet not?, but if you fear him for retention or burned when using the PC, I do not think is a mistake to choose a LCD.

Sony products I really like, but between this Toshiba and the Sony, I'd rather save the 700 dollars, although this decision must be based on prices that you have in reality, very similar priced Sony would choose, if prices are like I mentioned up, the Toshiba.

By using the PC to your LCD FULLHD 46-47, you must understand if you use the native resolution (1080p), will be great for the pictures or movies, but for normal PC use, I'd icons, menus and windows very small, especially if being more than 7 feet, to avoid this was to put the resolution 1360x768 like a 720p HDTV or close to 7 feet or less when using the PC.

The advantage of 1080p resolution on an HDTV of this size to connect a PC, which offers more work area and makes the work multitasking (PIP while surfing, working in Excel and edit some photos), but may also increase the size Icons and letters / menu.

How far will the TV in your bed?

Greetings from Monterrey, Mexico.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point about price. I prefer plasmas in general but since I am going to use my bedroom tv as a PC monitor I am considering LCD. Otherwise Panasonic G10/G15 and now G20/G25 would be my first preference. I would be sitting at around 10' from the mounted TV in my bedroom.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
The Toshiba 46SV670U would offer a better price comparison to the XBR9.

Both the ZV650U and SV670U are becoming out of stock at many places, since some 2010 Toshiba models should be out in a little over a month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.