AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!! I just thought I'd take advantage of the collective expertise of the members of this forum... I've been wanting to get my parents a big-screen TV for a while... nothing too fancy (I AM a university student after all...:rolleyes: ), and the Toshiba 50A62 seems to be a good deal. It's a non-HD RPTV, 50"... quite a bit better than the 7 year old Sanyo 27" they're using currently, and since they primarily watch cable TV (albeit digital cable), a 4:3 would most likely be better than a 16:9 at the moment. I just wanted to see if anyone here had used one of these and could give me some impressions and thoughts on whether they liked it or not... thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Zenas

I had one for a couple of years before I went wide. Great analog set. If current technology is not what you are looking for then go for it.

For about a grand you can't beat it.

Brian

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for replying, bytes2u... appreciate the response tremendously. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a piece of junk before I spent $1000 on it. Wish I could afford HDTV, but I guess this'll have to do... :) Glad you give it a thumbs up, though. Thanks again!

·
Registered
597 Posts
If not too late, I have the 61a61. It is very similar to the 50a62. I love it. I found it new last October for $1000. I have never regretted getting it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.