AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother/sister-in-law were just given a 50H12. I was there to help them move it and very quckly did some coarse adjustments for them such as CB/Sharp/9-pt convergence et al.

I have a Mits 411 and was astounded at how badly the Tosh displayed D* SD. I am used to D*'s compression on signal, but I have to hope for their sake that their Tosh can be made to display the picture a bit better. Quick motion on the screen turns into a swarm of square blocks.

I have their Hughes SD box running on S-Video as it is the highest output. Anyway, I am going up there tomorrow to do a full-on AVIA attack and to do a SV convergence and help with their overscan. (they can't even see the ticker on ESPN2 :rolleyes: )

I have injested the Toshiba tweaks on HTS, but just wanted to verify the SV entry is the same for the H12 model as the H8x series and that there are no evil button sequences to be wary of. Any tips on this particular model would also be appreciated as I would rather drink their beer than play with their remote. :D

TIA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.