AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I’ve been looking for awhile now and I had a hard time coming up with the directions to restack my Toshiba 50H82 screen and thought this could help my fellow Toshiba owners. Just to let you guys know it made a huge difference, no glare and the blacks are black no more reflections. I found some of the information at the Keohi website that helped with handling the screen and disabling the SVM. The whole process took no longer than an hour from start to finish.

Here’s what you’ll need:

Gloves

6 magazines same thickness or close

¼†nut driver (like a screwdriver with a hex head)

Needle nose pliers ( for disabling SVM)

Clean sheets ( to lay screen on)

Steps:

Decide where your going to lay the screen bezel down and lay six magazines togther the size of your screen. Put clean sheets over it, as this is where you'll be laying your bezel down.

1. Remove speaker grill - pull on one bottom corner so that it pops out then you could work on the other corners till the whole speaker grill comes off.

2. Use your ¼†nut driver to remove 4 screws holding the center cover and remove the cover.

3. Remove 4 screws holding the tv front panel buttons ( carefully pull the front panel buttons out as it has wires connected to the tv ) lay it besides the tv.

4. Remove 4 screws holding the bottom screen bezel down.

5. Unplug the wires thats going up into the bezel of tv. It should be about 4-5 inches down from the screen bezel.

6. Stand in the middle of tv and grab the bottom bezel. Now pull up on the bezel until it comes up about 2-3 inches then you should be able to lift up and out of the tv.

7. Lay the screen down on the flat surface that you have prepared.

8. Remove screws holding top screen clamp. Remove the clamp and lay it next to the side that you took it off of. (Top clamp = Top of bezel, Bottom clamp = Bottom of bezel etc.) Repeat till clamps are all off of screen.

9. Put on clean gloves ( socks will work too as long as they’re clean). Lift up the bezel so you can get your hand underneath to push the screen stack up to grab the screens. Now use two hands to lift the screen stack carefully up. (be careful the screens will bow)

10. Grab the protective screen and put it behind the screen stack the same way it was facing. *** I have read that this is important so don’t get it backwards, you want the glare side facing out of the tv ***

11. Put the screen stack back into the bezel and line up the screen stack against the bottom bezel.

12. Carefully place the clamps back on the screen and tighten the screws snug *** don’t over tighten as it could damage the screen ***

13. At this time you would probably want to disable SVM since it gives you a better picture. Keohi.com has pictures that will show you where it is exactly. Its on the Keohi site under Toshiba tweaks look for Clay Cautery’s site.

14. Reverse the procedure to put tv together and your done.

I would like to thank Keohi.com who made this possible by having a very informative site. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anything is unclear let me know and i will help.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wish I could do this, but my one cat reacts to the HDTV, and he sometimes reaches (no claws, but still)... to the TV screen, so I need the plexi. :)

I hope you enjoy your plexi-free screen, though! (I think that's what you are describing. Am I wrong?) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.