AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the world of plasma displays, and am trying to do my research. I know the best thing to do would be to try to see these displays side by side displaying the same image, but at this point I'm just looking to do a paper comparison, and looking for the opinions of more experienced AV enthsiasts. I've read through nearly 200 pages of owner threads on this site for both displays, and am still unsure about the value of either.

There is nearly a $1000 difference in the price of these two units, and from what I can tell they should be quite similar. What is the reason for this price discrepancy? Can I expect a much better picture quality, build quality, or otherwise from the Pioneer over the Toshiba?

Any input about either of these displays would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the picture quality significantly better? Build quality is definitely a plus, but I have seen quite a few posts on this forum about people having problems with their 5070's, which does make me wonder about their quality control.

·
Registered
732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyusmaximus /forum/post/0

There is nearly a $1000 difference in the price of these two units, and from what I can tell they should be quite similar. What is the reason for this price discrepancy?

From a couple of forum sponcers who've price dropped the 5070, the price difference is less than half of your number.

I hate using the car analogy, but it's a bit like cars. A Bentley and Ford may have similar acceleration, fuel economy and seat 5, but there is a reason for the price difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.