AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Toshiba Owners!

It seems that the preference setting i made on one s-video input is the same setting on the rest of the remaining s-video input. I can't seem to save a different preference setting on the remaining s-video input but component 1 And 2 will. I thought that the Toshiba set allows you to adjust setting and be able to save per input?

I really like the Toshiba very much. Thanks!

· Registered
574 Posts
I don’t have an HMX (a 62†is currently on order), but I read somewhere that you need to modify the “preference†settings for each input for them to be retained as you switch sources. I believe simply selecting “sports†or “film†won’t work….

…Again, that’s just from some of the posts I’ve read…

· Registered
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Quill
I don’t have an HMX (a 62†is currently on order), but I read somewhere that you need to modify the “preference†settings for each input for them to be retained as you switch sources. I believe simply selecting “sports†or “film†won’t work….

…Again, that’s just from some of the posts I’ve read…
This is correct. I have the 62HM84. Each input should have a distinct Preference setting. Just two points: A) Make sure you save any modification (and you can modify any of the pre-built settings--they just save as your Preference setting, so you can use them as a starting point) and B) switching the mode for one input switches them for all. So, you set Video 1 to Sports then switch to Video 2, Video 2 will now be in Sports mode.

--T.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Quill and tristanc!

okay, if i'm on video 1 and adjusted the setting and saved it as my preference, if i switch input to video 2 or video 3 i still get the same exactly adjusted setting as i have in video one. it seems that video 1,2 and 3 shares the same adjusted setting(eg. brightness,contrast,sharpness and so on). Does this means that different individual preffered settings on each video input(1,2 and 3) cannot be saved ? My component 1 and 2 retains their own setting though.

· Registered
94 Posts
I have an older Toshiba (50HX81) and if I remember well, it has only 4 memory settings: one for ANT1/ANT2, one for VIDEO1,2 and 3, and one each for HD1 and HD2. I would assume that the newer models will also have a unique memory setting for HDMI (and probably 2 for the HMX models).

Looks like Toshiba has a similar approach year over year.

Paul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.