AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had turned off my Toshiba 52" 52xf550u hdtv and when I went to turn it back on the screen is blank, no menus can be seen when switching inputs, etc... sound from my cable box is coming through... and I tried switching inputs (which still works) and the screen is still blank... what does this mean?... do I just contact Toshiba to have them send a tech... would this be expensive?

thank you for helping a newbie =)

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Check your owners manual as to whether the panel has a reset button on the rear.

Both of my older Sharp panels have power protections that will do this to protect during power outages and it's frustrating since I have to insert a thin device into an inset area on the rear of the TV when this occurs and then leave the TV off for around ten minutes and then it's restored --- PITA event when it occurs.

Seeing that Toshiba doesn't fabricate their own panels this may very well be a Sharp panel that's rebadged. Not stating this to be a FACT but it's an event that replicates on two of my Sharp panels periodically and it's covered in both owners manuals. If you don't want to read the owners manual or cannot find it then call Toshiba Support to verify. Good Luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to post into an old thread, but the information I have may be useful to anyone else who has this problem.

I had a 52XF550U with completely blank screen. Turned on and off good, Sound good, responds to remote good, input switching good. Just a blank screen. In a dark room, you can see that the backlight turns and the screen "lights up" but does not display a picture or any video for that matter.

This is a telltale symptom of a bad TCONN board. Usually, these are a simple repair because it is relatively easy to access at the rear top of the screen, but on this model it is located behind a large metal plate, and there is a lot of disassembly required to replace the T-CONN board.

Replacing the tcon board will solve your problem. Just be careful not to damage any of the connectors and you should be fine. This panel and tcon is made by Samsung, and you may find a lot of tcon boards on ebay that have the same numbers on them (40/46/52HFMC6LV0.3), but they may not work. You want to MATCH the numbers on a small white sticker...I actually found the exact tcon board I needed in a Mitsubishi 52" LCD TV (model LDTV-152) that also used the exact same Samsung Panel.

Take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.