AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just found settings at this link. I'm going to send them to my brother in law so he can test them on his set.

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...libration.html

Calibration: The Toshiba 52XV645U is a perfect example of how calibration can be essential to picture performance.

**Important Note: This TV comes out of the box tuned to Store calibration settings (100% Backlight and 100% Contrast). Tune to Home and follow the following Picture Settings to Calibrate to D6500.

White Balance Settings

Red-Offset 6

Green-Offset 0

Blue-Offset -15

Red-Gain -15

Green-Gain 0

Blue-Gain -3

Picture Settings

Picture Mode Movie

Color Temp 0

Brightness 24

Contrast 90

Color 16

Tint -2

Sharpness 0

Backlight 30

Other Settings

Color Master: Off

Dynalight: Off

Dynamic Contrast: 3

Static Gamma: -15

Clear Frame: Off

Film Stabilizer: Off

Noise Reduction: Off

Resolution +: Off

Post Calibration ANSI Checkerboard measured Contrast.

HQV Video Board Processing Tests

With 1080p Input

Jaggies 1: Excellent result. No jaggies near horizontal axis

Jaggies 2: Excellent

Video Resolution Loss Test: Good to Avg. result. Upper right quadrant strobing

Film Resolution Loss Test: Poor result. Strobing in 3 test boxes

HD Background: Notable flicker in the background behind Orchids. Avg. to Poor result

Stadium Seating Test with Moire: Slight flicker present and notable side to side motion artifact. A slight moire' pattern was visible in one section of stadium seating. Avg. to good result.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site and picked up this tv last night from best buy. I actually paid for them to come out and calibrate it but it won't be until March as that was the soonest they could schedule it.

Is this something that I can do myself pretty easily? The reason I ask, and perhaps it's a stupid question so forgive me, but they do their calibrations with a laptop, so I'm just wondering if this is something I can do myself (easily) and save some cash or do I need to have it hooked up to a laptop?

Thanks in advance and I'm glad to have randomly found this site.

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes it's pretty easy to do. The menus involved are ones accessible by the user and are not meant for servicing. If you happen to make a mistake, there is the option to reset everything to factory default, so you have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
new to this site too..

Just bought the a 52xv654U from Best Buy this past Friday. Wheel and deal with them because this tv is getting replaced by a 52xv658U model, and I walked out the door for $1100 after tax.

But to answer your question, yes I think the only way to accesss the setting is through the remote control. I haven't tried using the buttons on the side, but as many options that there are, I wouldn't want to.

·
Registered
277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsweat /forum/post/18108396

new to this site too..

Just bought the a 52xv654U from Best Buy this past Friday. Wheel and deal with them because this tv is getting replaced by a 52xv658U model, and I walked out the door for $1100 after tax.

But to answer your question, yes I think the only way to accesss the setting is through the remote control. I haven't tried using the buttons on the side, but as many options that there are, I wouldn't want to.

The remote on the 645U is not very good. It also has limited range. You have to point it directly at the TV for it to work. Instead, I use a Harmony One remote. For calibration, I bought the Spears & Munsil Blu-ray disc. It really helped to get a natural looking picture from this TV.

To add to the tweaks, on my TV here is what it is currently calibrated at. I didn't really mess with the tint or colors yet. I may need to turn down Red a bit, but overall this looks good to me.

Backlight: 60

Contrast: 48

Brightness: 7

Color : -4

Tint: 0

Sharpness: -23

Advanced Picture Settings menu:

...Color Temp: 5

...Dynamic Contrast: 7

...DynaLight: On

1 - 15 of 15 Posts