AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What great news.....

Toshiba announce 4K, Glasses-free 3D

This tv will hit the UK market around December time 2011.

If anybody knows a bit more about this tv, can you please share your information here...

·
Registered
747 Posts
ZL2, pucker up, because in a short 20 years, i'll have you in my loving arms.

·
Registered
747 Posts
720p perceived resolution? ...ah great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that glasses free technology and face detecting technology may not be as amazing as this super Cevo (Previously Cell Process) is. In my opinion, it can revolutionise the TV world with 118% capabilities of up scaling picture qualities.....

I wish, I really wish if all current top television companies sit together and share their know-how and solve copy right issues and can definitely come up with an amazing TV for us....

for instance.... Mitsubishi's Laser tech, Toshiba's Cell/Cevo Engine, Samsung thin bazel tech with a brighter picture, LG's passive Glasses......

It is highly unlikely for them to agree to come together due to competition and keep the monopoly in the market....

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, most of these technologies were invented my the marketing departments to make it look like everybody has some cool new thing that the other guys don't.

I have a Toshiba DLP set that has Talon processing. I think that means it has a light engine, like all DLP sets.

While it has an excellent picture, it was competitive at the time with the other manufacturers.

Everybody hypes, but very little of the hype results in a better product.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.