AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have problem with Toshiba 56H80 and Pioneer 434 progressive DVD player? My 56H80 display a right black bar when I use Pioneer 434 in progressive mode. Toshiba says they are not compatible. Is that true? Any suggestions?

My 56H80 now in the repair shop, I try to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
LSYAM,

Don't know about the Toshiba 56H80 set but the 434 is not a very good progressive DVD player. I would suggest that you go with the Toshiba SD6200 or better yet the SD9200. I had the 434 and it worked OK with my Mits '907 but it didn't look any better than my DVL 919. Replaced it with the SD9200 and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I had the 434 but I returned it when I discovered it did not do the 3:2 pulldown. This is needed to convert 60 frames per second (fps) interlaced back into 24 fps progressive. Get the JVC 65GD or Panasonic RP56, both available at Best Buy or Circuit City for $249. I have the JVC and it is great. They both have a great progressive scan picture but without the other frills that I don't need.

Some of the more expensive Progressive scan DVD players have Dolby Digital decoders built in. However I have that in my reciever and the DVD player sends the optical 5.1 digital to the reciever.

Rick

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LSYAM:
Does anyone have problem with Toshiba 56H80 and Pioneer 434 progressive DVD player? My 56H80 display a right black bar when I use Pioneer 434 in progressive mode. Toshiba says they are not compatible. Is that true? Any suggestions?

My 56H80 now in the repair shop, I try to get it fixed.
How does it look it you use the interlaced outputs from the DV-434 instead of the progressive output? This might work as a temporary fix until you can get a REAL progressive scan DVD player....

------------------

Peace....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.