AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don't know if this is normal, but I've noticed that there are several dead spots on my new TV. They are black spots, and are only realy noticable on a solid color screen... Is this normal, or should I contact Best Buy about it?

Thanks

-Rob

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The 57h83 is a CRT based TV. There should not be any "dead pixels". I would certainly return it.

My guess is that there is dirt inside, and that dirt has gotten onto either the CRT's, the lens, or the mirrors. If it was in its box, this should have never happened. It almost seems like this particular set was taken out of its box, and stored/used in a very dirty place for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pelican123, I read your post and almost canceled my order because of it. I'm happy I didn't because after watching it for a week, including several hockey games, I don't notice a white line at all. (Though I refuse to look for it.) The black spots do appear to be some type of dirt or something on the back of the screen.

Thanks

-Rob

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rivman I'm glad the line problem isn't an issue for you.

Watching Hockey and Football were the most noticible for this problem and I couldn't watch them knowing this problem was there. If this is just a dirt problem, I would have BB come out and clean it or deliver a new set. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.