AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the blue my parents have decided to buy an RP,and they want my advice on the better of these.I havent followed recent models since I bought my last tv 3 yrs.ago since I know my next one wil either be a projector or dlp so I thought I would ask for opinions .From what I've read and remember I would think the toshiba is the better value at this price point,but whats everybody else think?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Both are good sets, and if your parents are anything like my parents, they'll be happy with either. With that in mind, I'd go with the lower priced Toshiba. I believe its more "end user" tweakable, and it has better stretch modes. I don't know if the Mits locks to Full in progressive mode anymore, but if it does, than the Toshiba would be more DVD friendly.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stretch modes may be the most important feature,so thanks for pointing it out.(I"m having a devil of a time explaining to my mom the diference between 4:3 and 16:9!)They have charter cable so hd broadcasts seem faroff,so most shows wil still be in4:3.How bout the upconverting to 1080i?Is it as good as the liteon for example?And didn't toshiba have a problem with their 540p when they first intoduced it?I seem to remember reading problems with 480p dvd signals .

·
Registered
46 Posts
DVD playback is outstanding on my tosh 57hx93 via component input. The stretch modes help in filling the screen appropriately with those various "widescreen" edition formats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.