AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong area. I've had this set for about 2 weeks now and have been happy up to this point. However tonight I was watching "The Hunted" and in one scene a light is switched on and there seemed to be a flash on the screen. I heard a "click" (similar to the sound of a static shock, but louder) and all of a sudden the screen seemed blurry. Not so blurry that I was sure if it's just me or if something really happened though.

Funny that I can't remember what it looked like just an hour ago...but here's what it looks like now:

All letters on the screen look 3D without the glasses (you know the red and blue - they're not red and blue, but it's double like that). It seems like I can't get a clear picture. HDTV is somewhat blurry and it's hard to focus on someone's face. Also when a DVD is starting up and it has the DVD logo in the centre of the screen (with grey bars on either side) there's a thin red line down one side and a thin green line down the other.

Does this sound like something happened or am I just being paranoid? I plan on calling the story I purchased it from tomorrow, but I'm too impatient and would rather have some idea what (if anything) happened before then.

Thanks for any responses!

Lawrence

·
Registered
19 Posts
sounds like you lost convergence. Does the set have an auto convergence or auto setup feature? Try running that to see if it fixes the problem.

I have no idea why you would just lose convergence out of the blue. Something might have gone bad in the TV too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There's a one touch convergence button which should bring it

back to "normal". It's located on the front of the TV, and it'll

only take 15 seconds or so. Considering it probably hasn't

gone through its first 100 hours, I'd just do a 9 point

convergence after the one touch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!

One problem though...I had the set calibrated. Does he have any responsibility to correct this again, or would I be looking at another calibration?

Thanks,

Lawrence

·
Registered
19 Posts
yes the guy who calibrated it should come back and fix it, especially if its only been 2 weeks. I am starting to wonder if something went wrong internally (convergence doesn't just "go" bad), which would ultimately be covered under warranty if you bought it new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.