AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read where several folks hooked up their equipment in a way so that they could view HD and SD on a split screen (PIP).

I've love to do this too but I seem to be missing the boat on the proper way to hook things up...is there any chance someone might be able to hold my hand through this if it's possible with my equipment?

My RPTV is a Toshiba 57HX81, I have my HD and SD cable through Comcast with the Motorola 5100 box...

Thanks a bunch.

Tom

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Where did you read that? AFAIK, the component input is not available as a PIP input.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check back when I have a couple minutes Pat because I originally gave up trying because I thought it was un-doable as well....maybe I misunderstood what I recently read.

Tom

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the 57h81 and as Pat said there is no way to pop the component inputs. What I have heard some do it also attach the svideo out of the STB and POP that input. I have cable and pop the antenna0 input all the time for split screen and to view 9 channels at one time. But for component inputs you can't do it on this TV.

If you don't have it hooked up this way already you can split the cable from the wall put one into the cable company STB and the other into your antenna0. With this setup you can pop all analog cable channels coming into the antenna0 input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.