AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just ordered a 57hx93. He has cable, they are coming out on the 23rd to switch his box to the HD cable box. I noticed the HX93 has a built in tuner, for him that's a waste since he's getting HD cable right?

Also I was talking to his wifea and she said they got the impression that the 57HX93 has other differences that make it more appealing than just the tuner. Am I wrong in thinking the hx83 is simply an hx93 with no tuner?

And finally, do the 57hx93 & 57hx83 have 7inch CRTs while the 65HX83 has 9inch CRTs giving it a better picture than the two 57s?

See where this is going, I'm thinking he should switch to a non-tuner model and use the extra money to step up to 9inch CRTs.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ryan libby
Am I wrong in thinking the hx83 is simply an hx93 with no tuner?

The CRT's are the same, but the lens system is better on the HX93 over the HX83. The HX93 has their "PowerFocusâ„¢ HCF Achromatic Lens System" and the HX83 as their "PowerFocusâ„¢ HC Lens System".

The HX93 has a customer convergence of 56-points. The HX83 has only a customer convergence of 9 points (though still has 56-point available but only in Service Mode).

The HX93 also has a Multi-Card Slot with JPEG Viewer, and 2 IEEE 1394 ports.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The 65 HX93 recently won HTM's shootout that included the Sony GWIII 60" LCD, Samsung's DLP, Hitachi's 57X500, and RCA's new DLP.

Just thought I'd pass on this information to you before you make a final decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.