AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Toshiba 61A60 for over a year now and am constantly troubled by the horizontal convergence linearity error in the blue gun which affects blue in a zone about 1/3rd from the left of the screen. I also don't like that the bottom steps of greyscale have a green tinge. I would prefer to set this up myself being an experienced projection technician rather than call in on my service warranty. Can anyone out there help me out with a copy of the control codes for this rear projection set? I'm very pleased with it otherwise and would highly recommend it.

Thanx for any help.

Rob

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rob,

I'd suggest trying a warranty call first; if that doesn't correct the problems, either obtain a service manual and a color analyzer, or hire a local ISF tech to get it fully calibrated. There are potentially plenty of picture parameters which, though you are pleased with them now, might be noticeably improved by a full-boat calibration.

Just out of curiousity, is your experience in video or film projection?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Den,

In the past I have owned and operated many of the giant screen (15x20 foot plus projected image size class) video projectors including Eidophor light valves and sill have a 5181 Eidophor that can do a really nice 40x80 foot drive in theater screen with its 4200 watt xenon arc lamp. I used to do some events work including closed circuit boxing. I am technically capable and do all my own maintenance/restoration on this sort of equipment.

I restored a BarcoData1001 and installed it in my home theater downstairs. That set sure makes a nice 6'x8' picture!

I'd sooner make the adjustments on my Toshiba myself, truth be known. All I need is the codes.

Thanx,

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.