AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase the Toshiba 62" DLP model # 62HM84 for $1800 brand new. I don't plan on subscribing to any HDTV programming quite yet... I'm happy with standard definition.

Could someone please help me with image quality in terms of standand definition tv broadcast. I went to the nearest Circuit City and asked them to switch to standard broadcast and it looked horrible through Comcast Digital Cable. Based on that demonstration, I would never purchase a projection tv.

But I am aware that this signal is probably split 100 times and doesn't look as good as it should.

So... my questions are below...

1. I have Dish Network with the DVR 625. I am using the best video output available (s-video). How is this going to look on the Toshiba 62" (or any large, rear projection tv)? The signal looks GREAT on my 32" tv, so I'm afraid to upgrade since 95% of the tv viewing is the satellite.

2. The main reason I want to upgrade is because of my video game hobby. I play Xbox regularly and want to view it on the best quality I can afford. I will also be using my Xbox for DVD viewing. How will this look?

3. Any service issues regarding the Toshiba I should be aware of?

4. Where can I find information regarding setting this TV up? I heard alot about how you have to make many manual adjustments to get the best out of this tv. Any one have any ideas?

Sounds like I'm getting a great price.

Thanks for all your help in this issue. The sale ends tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some good information by then.

Thanks again!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.