AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the worst luck when it comes to purchasing big screen TVs. I have been shopping for about 2 weeks now looking at Samsung 61" HLP DLP TV, Sony Grand Wega 60" LCD, and the Toshiba 62 HM84 DLP TV. I ended up buyin the Toshiba unit for $3500 at a local TV store and the unit was delivered to my house today. Although I won't have the HDTV cable box installed til next wednesday, I was impressed by the image this unit generates. 30 minutes after the delivery guys left, I noticed 40 evenly spaced uniform verticle white lines going down the screen. The lines are there when I watch cable tv (coaxial cable connected to Antenna 1 setting), DVD, and X box through video 1 and video 2. I purchased the Toshiba unit for its reputation of reliability and picture quality. I am shocked to dicscover that this New in Box Toshiba 62 HM84 is a peice of junk. I had replaced a reliable Sony 57" CRT HDTV for this crappy DLP unit. I'm starting to regret going the DLP route. Maybe I would be better off with the Sony Grand Wega LCD 60" unit. The TV store would send an inspector tomorrow to attempt a repair. I want to either get a replacement or I want my money back. Please give me some advice regarding my dilemma. Many thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.