AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba 62HM84. Over the last 3 and a half years I have replaced the bulb twice; once last night. After I replaced the bulb I get a very audible 'click click click click' sound when the tv trys to turn on. For the past year or so, the tv would always have to try 3 or 4 times to turn on the bulb, but I never thought anything of it. Yesterday, I heard the noise and automatically figured it was a busted bulb. Luckily, I had a spare, and replaced it right away. After replacing the bulb, the click click was still there, but the tv turned on. This morning, the tv wouldn't turn on at all.

What would be causing the click click sound? Do I need a new Light Engine and/or ballast?

With the HDMI problems, bulb life and now this, I am getting sick and tired of this TV.

Thanks in advance for an help you can give.

· Registered
16,963 Posts
Usually it's the ballast when a "lamp" has to be replaced often. That execessive relay action is a sure sign of trouble. With the 2nd or 3rd time, it sould of been addressed.

Similar to a fluorescent tube or lamp flickering when it 'starts'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.