AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
crutchfield was supposed to have the toshiba 62hmx84 in on 10/15. i placed my order around 10/1. anyway, that's been pushed back to 10/30 and i don't even know that that's a definite date. what is this, the video game industry? HL2 anyone? just kidding there.

but really, anyone got any news on this as to why it was pushed back? is the 10/30 date fairly firm? i've got a whole HT setup at home just waiting on a television. my requirements are a 60-62" DLP set, HD2+ or better chip (no HD3), and 2 HDMI ports. any other sets fit these requirements?

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Scorp,

Toshiba was working out issues with their TVGuide / CableCard implementation.

Ooops thought you wanted the 94.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
argh. the 62hmx84 doesn't have a cablecard. that's the 62hmx94! i wish they would go ahead and ship out the 62hmx84!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hughh
They have on the floor at BB. Best PQ of all the tv's there.
I do not believe BB carries the HMX series in their stores.

--T.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fireshoes
I'm guessing the one at BB was HM, not HMX.
That's what I'm assuming, as well. Of course, I don't disagree with the orginal poster at all. Though I'm watching MNF on my 62HM84 as I type this. :)

--T.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
ALL - I went back to BB and you are all right, it was the HM and NOT the HMX. It still shows the best PQ of all the tv's there!

·
Registered
51 Posts
hm = 1 port

hmx = 2 ports

You could buy a hdmi switch to work around the one port issue. Not the cheapest way but if you don't want to wait it should be possible.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, i must eat my frustrated words now. just got an automated email from crutchfield. they now have the 62hmX84 in stock. called and mine is on the truck and will ship out today. woohoo!

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Has Toshiba renamed the HM94 to the HMX94?

I see several vendors like Crutchfield advertising the HMX94 (which isn't on Toshiba's site) with two HDMI inputs, rather than the HM94.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the hmX84 and 94 have 2 HDMI inputs. not sure about other changes, but that one i'm sure of. i have 2 devices that will connect to the television via HDMI. that's why i was waiting. connecting a directv HR10-250 and a denon 3910 both via HDMI. i'm also connecting an xbox and gamecube both via component to the unit. can't wait to get it all setup!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.