AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using a CW34X92 and the Colorstream 2 Input automatically kicked my DVD into the proper aspect ratio. I just purchased a 65H80 and cannot decide what the right setting should be to achieve the proper image on Colorstream 2 input. I watch Satellite on Colorstream 1 and the aspect ratio is correct, I also watched satellite on Colorstream 2 and the aspect ratio apears correct in the "normal" mode when viewing 16X9 material. When I turn on the DVD it automatically gives me 4X3 with Grey bars on the side, even when viewing DVD's with a 1.85:1 or 2.35:1. Do I need to watch these movies in "Full" or "Theaterwide", if so, am I still viewing the correct image shape and size? Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------

Peter L.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi toshiba5,

For anamorphic movies, use Full mode. For non-anamorphic, use TW2.

Thanks,

Errol

------------------
Keohi HDTV

Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

·
Registered
52 Posts
For 4:3 material, I personally can't stand the artificial stretch appearance of TW1. Although TW2 crops a bit off the top and bottom of the picture, you rarely miss much, and it provides a much more natural result. Everyone has a different opinion on this. So, to review:

- double check that your DVD player is set for 16:9 aspect ratio

- use Full for anamorphic (enhanced for widescreen TVs) DVDs

- use TW2 for non-anamorphic DVDs

- use TW1 (stretch) or TW2 (crop) for 4:3 material, based on your personal preference

[This message has been edited by BH (edited 07-18-2001).]

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Errol,

Thanks for the info, using those settings I will be viewing the correct geometry of the dvd? Thanks again for your help.

------------------

Peter L.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Don't forget ... for 4:3 based DVD material ... like concerts and TV episodes ... use TW1 mode.

Regards

------------------

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.