Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Theres a online retailer that is taking pre-orders for the Toshiba 72HM195 DLP. I am curious what the term "drop ship" means. The pre-order says its a drop ship pre-order?

They be selling for 4K so it seems like a great price.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick471
Hi all,

Theres a online retailer that is taking pre-orders for the Toshiba 72HM195 DLP. I am curious what the term "drop ship" means. The pre-order says its a drop ship pre-order?

"Drop Ship" means the set is ordered from a wholesaler or manufacturer (usually a wholesaler as it very rare that a manufacturer deals directly with an etailer)) who then contracts with a trucker to "drop ship" the product directly to the customer (you). The dealer you buy from charges your credit card, pays the wholesaler for the product + shipping charges and the difference is his profit. The etailer you buy from never physically sees or touches the product. This method has both pros and cons. The pros are since the etailer is carrying no inventory, needs no warehousing space or display space, you can get an excellent price if you are savvy and comparison shop. The cons are since the dealer you are buying the set from is not in possesion or control of the set, they have little or no control of the shipping process and foul ups, damaged goods, and more haphazard or delayed deliveries may occur as opposed to buying from a B&M that actually has stock and controls it's own delivery process from a store or warehouse. To see how this works on a large scale, check one of the "power buy" threads.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick471
Hi all,

Stay away from fotoconnection. No end of problems if you buy from them. Always check reviews of a merchant before buying online.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The price you mentioned is a 20% discount. If you have a dealer in your area that will deal, you could probably get a 20% discount anyway. I know I can typically get that from HH Gregg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.