AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not even sure if this is even in the correct forum. The CRT proj forum seemed lacking many RPTV posts (via search.) Anyway, my dvd settings look unbelievable, but many of my cable stations look extra dark. My cable is just analog as of now, but some stations look worse than others and the majority look extra dark. I believe my brightness is set for around 58. The pictures aren't all that great but I know GIGO, it's the darkness that irks me. It seems to be mostly the first couple channels (which are the broadcast nets.) Any idea on a solution. I tried to change from film to video but that didn't help. BTW, I used VE and all the "bad modes" are turned off. I believe the picture is also set to medium. BTW, it's contrast that kills the set, not brightness, correct?

·
Registered
395 Posts
This will seem like a simplistic response, but check your cable connections. I had a similar problem with my new Toshiba 65H81. My upper band channels had astonishing clarity, but my lower band channels (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX)were grainy. The cable guy came out and changed the connectors on my cable and wa la, great picture on all channels. I was expecting something way more complicated like attenuation, but it was just the cable connector itself.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That should definitely by 50h81, it seems I have some fat fingers this week. Anyway, does anyone have any general suggestions on the regular tv settings?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.