AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Power DVD 3.0 and cannot get the picture to do a vertical squeeze on my TV. This should automatically happen if I am sending a 540p or 1080i signal to the TV, right? I have a Toshiba TZ55X71 and the TV is set to DTV instead of DVD so that it can accept the higher resolutions.

I have it hooked up with an AudioAuthority transcoder and was using Windows 98 and PowerDVD 3.0. I just upgraded to Windows XP but have not tried it with this yet. I will post this on the HT computer forum and HDTV forum just to make sure that all 1080i signals are squeezed on Toshibas' since they are natively 16:9 resolutions.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I forget the particulars of that part number (it's a 'custom' Best Buy or Circuit City part number). Is it a 1999 or 2000 model? If it's a 1999 model, the TV does not have a vertical squeeze function at all. If it's a 2000 model, you have to set '1080i Picture Size' under the 'Theater' menu to ON.

If you don't have a 1080i Picture Size option, then I guess that answers the first question!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.