AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with Toshiba audio dropping out? I have an SD-9200 and it drops out for 1-2 seconds on every DVD. I have tried each DVD on my LG DVD rom with no dropout at all. I have also played many DVD's on a Denon ADV-700 and it does not drop out either. I have contacted Toshiba and they say that it is a software issue and they can't help me.

·
Registered
22,141 Posts
Does it only seem to happen with the 'center channel'? I have an SD3750 and it happens quite often to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, this happens to the entire audio signal. There is a definite interruption in the sound once in every DVD. Toshiba tells me that it is a "layer" change

and it is part of the source. If that is the case, why does it not happen in other drives?

·
Registered
22,141 Posts
They could be correct. I experience this on the Tosh and also had this with my old Pioneer. Some players change layers faster than others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would you post some of the DVDs including chapter where this happens (assuming it is recreatable)? I would like to see if I can recreate the problem on my 9200.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.