Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_006
How true is this? Saw this original post, but I don't see the thread anymore. What's the deal?
Just do a search for Walter Chan :D

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
How true is this? Saw this original post, but I don't see the thread anymore.

What's the deal?
Oh yes, definitely true. Most people aren't smart enough to know this. Do you mean the "Not all Toshiba CRT televisions are really made by Toshiba" thread. It's at:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...94#post5236294

A lot of my posts got deleted, so it may be a hard read. These are all old stuff now. Today and right now, ALL Toshiba CRT tube televisions are now made and assembled by Orion. You name the model, it's made by Orion. Toshiba already discontinued producing CRT tube televisions since January 2005.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:

What's the deal?
Oh yes, definitely true, not a joke at all. Most people aren't smart enough to know this. Do you mean the "Not all Toshiba CRT televisions are really made by Toshiba" thread. It's at:

A lot of my posts got deleted, so it may be a hard read. These are all old stuff now. Today and right now, ALL Toshiba CRT tube televisions, regardless of what price and size, are now made and assembled by Orion. You name the model, it's made by Orion. Toshiba no longer manufacture any CRT tube televisions.

Oh, one more thing, not just the tube TVs that are being outsourced, but Toshiba also outsources a lot of their LCD TV models, which is very unusual for a company to do this. Read it at:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=570881

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:

What's the deal?
Oh yes, definitely true. This is not a joke at all. Most people aren't smart enough to know this. Do you mean the "Not all Toshiba CRT televisions are really made by Toshiba" thread. It's at:

A lot of my posts got deleted (my hacker did it), so it may be a difficult read. These are all old stuff now. Let's talk about today. Today and right now, ALL Toshiba CRT tube televisions, regardless of what price and size, are now made and assembled by Orion. You name the model, it's made by Orion. Toshiba no longer manufactures any CRT tube televisions. Toshiba has still refused to admit the public that all of their CRT tube TV models apparantly are now made by Orion.

Oh, one more thing, not just the tube TVs that are being outsourced, but Toshiba also outsources a lot of their LCD TV models, which is very unusual for a company to do this. Read it at:

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:

What's the deal?
Oh yes, definitely true. This is not a joke at all. Most people aren't smart enough to know this. Do you mean the "Not all Toshiba CRT televisions are really made by Toshiba" thread. It's at:

A lot of my posts got deleted (my hacker did it), so it may be a difficult read. These are all old stuff now. Let's talk about today. Today and right now, ALL Toshiba CRT tube televisions, regardless of what price and size, are now made and assembled by Orion. You name the model, it's made by Orion. Toshiba no longer manufactures any CRT tube televisions. Toshiba has still refused to admit the public that all of their CRT tube TV models apparantly are now made by Orion.

We now know for sure is that Toshiba now hardly makes their own products.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:

What's the deal?

A lot of my posts got deleted (my hacker did it), so it may be a difficult read. These are all old stuff now. Let's talk about today. Today and right now, ALL Toshiba CRT tube televisions, regardless of what size and price, are now made and assembled by Orion. You name the model, it's made by Orion. Toshiba no longer manufactures any CRT tube televisions. Toshiba has still refused to admit the public that all of their CRT tube TV models apparantly are now made by Orion.

Oh, one more thing, not just the tube TVs that are being outsourced, but Toshiba also outsources a lot of their LCD TV models, which is very unusual for a large company to do this. Read it at:

We know for sure that Toshiba today now rarely makes their own products.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan
Most people aren't smart enough to know this.

Toshiba has still refused to admit the public that all of their CRT tube TV models apparantly are now made by Orion.
I'd wouldn't say that they're not "smart enough" since this isn't something people normally think about when buying something. In fact, most people don't even care.

I don't see why Toshiba needs to "admit" that they outsource. It's just business as usual for a lot of different companies.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rain
I don't see why Toshiba needs to "admit" that they outsource. It's just business as usual for a lot of different companies.
For me the issue is paying brand name prices for discount store quality.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose
For me the issue is paying brand name prices for discount store quality.
But even if they didn't outsource, they could just scale back their workforce and deliver a product that's below average and sell it for a premium price. Getting anything A-grade quality these days--outsourced or not--would be a miracle.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Quote:
But even if they didn't outsource, they could just scale back their workforce and deliver a product that's below average and sell it for a premium price. Getting anything A-grade quality these days--outsourced or not--would be a miracle.
Yep..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Quote:
True, but then you would have at least seen news reports such as the one about layoffs at the Panasonic picture tube plant (for example).

Companies are always looking for ways to save money, they should just be upfront about what they are doing.

I work in the IT world and am well aware of what happens when staff is cut and work is outsourced.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Quote:

What's the deal?
Outsourced in the sense they're assembled by Orion? Yes.

Outsourced in the sense they're built overseas? No. My "Orion" was built in the US...says so right on the box.

The set was designed and spec'd by Toshiba. Orion must meet Toshiba's quality control standards. The tube is Matsushita (Panasonic)...from what I'm told...

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko85
The set was designed and spec'd by Toshiba. Orion must meet Toshiba's quality control standards. The tube is Matsushita (Panasonic)...from what I'm told...
Oh yes, definitely correct.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko85
Outsourced in the sense they're assembled by Orion? Yes.

Outsourced in the sense they're built overseas? No. My "Orion" was built in the US...says so right on the box.

Exact Same Here...

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
Quote:
so the tube is made by panasonic, did toshiba in the past make their own tubes? or have they always used panasonics?

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
so the tube is made by panasonic, did toshiba in the past make their own tubes? or have they always used panasonics?
Toshiba has always make their own picture tubes in the past, until their last TV tube factory at Hordsheads Bay, NY closed for good. Toshiba also merged with Panasonic to form MT Picture Displays together. MT Picture Displays still exist, but Toshiba is no longer supporting it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan
Toshiba has always make their own picture tubes in the past, until their last TV tube factory at Hordsheads Bay, NY closed for good. Toshiba also merged with Panasonic to form MT Picture Displays together. MT Picture Displays still exist, but Toshiba is no longer supporting it.
Right. And, just to be clear, Panasonic tubes are generally considered very good tubes. It's not like you're getting some "cheap" knockoff picture tube.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
so what tubes will Orion use in their HDTVs? non toshiba branded?
Probably their own Orion picture tubes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.