AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep having to redo my Toshiba's (TN55X81, 4:3 55" HDTV) service convergence even after just 30 minutes or so. I'm beginning to wonder if the drift is caused by the loud audio coming from the TV"s speakers (which aren't that far off from the guns).

Is this possible or likely the cause?

I've been thinking of getting a surround sound system lately and if the TV's speakers are causing the convergence drift than I'll probably go ahead and finally buy a separate audio system.

· Registered
461 Posts
MTyson,

I don't think that whether the speakers are playing or not is the problem. It could be that they are there. Remember, you cannot turn 'off' a magnet. Your easiest solution would be to remove the speakers from the cabinet. Similar to removing a car-audio speaker.

Good luck!

· Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Convergence will change during warmup. Don't make any adjustments until the set has been on an hour. Don't expect convergence to be "on" until the set warms up. The speakers are not a problem. If convergence drifts over a short period after the set is warm, there is a circuit component problem such as a bad capacitor.

· Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I hope that isn't the problem. It does drift after it's already warmed up. The drift isn't noticeable on the 9 point convergence, but it's very noticeable via the service convergence. I just thought it'd be my speakers, because I play the audio on 40-55 w/the bass and sub bass up kind of high and figured the speakers were kind of jarring the set throwing off the convergence.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.