AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba CT34W92 Flat Screen 16X9 HDTV Monitor. The set works beautifully, except that the bottom of the picture is curved upward so that the middle of the picture is higher than the left and right sides. The curve is symmetrical.

Is it possible for a technician to correct this or at least reasonably improved it? I would really appreciate a reply.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The model number of your TV is CW34X92. I have one too.

***DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THS POST SEVERAL TIMES AND UNDERSTAND WHAT IT SAYS***

Geometry can be corrected in the Service Mode of the TV, and you or a technician can do it. You can do some research on the internet and fix the problem yourself. One word of caution, be sure to write down all of the original settings in the Service Mode before you change anything.

To enter Service Mode:

1. Press MUTE on the remote.

2. Press and hold MUTE a second time, and press MENU on the TV front panel. This puts the TV in Service Mode. Press MENU to view the parameters. On the remote, CH +/- scrolls through the parameters, and VOL +/- changes the parameter values.

3. Write down the original settings.

4. Do not change the CUTs and DRVs as they affect gray scale.

5. You can change settings to see what they do. You can always go back to the recorded original settings.

6. Look for parameter names like Trapezoid, Horizontal, Vertical that are geometric in nature. The Trapezoid parameter will most likely correct the problem.

To exit Service Mode:

1. Power off the TV with the remote.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.