AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BEV 6000 HD receiver & have some serious pincushion distortion on 1080i. The service guys & i looked thru the service manual & there seems to be only 1 set of adjustments which is done at 480i - anyone confirm or deny?

mark

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am not sure if I am giving you the right info , maybe it is caused by your 6000, but it is worth a try.

I think the adjustments you are looking for are either TRAP , PARA, WID . WRITE DOWN YOUR settings and then try adjusting them. I have gone into my service menu at least 30 times to adjust and re-adjust things... to get out of the service menu shut off the tv and restart it. The settings I found that adjust the screen side to side or up and down or stretch it side to side or up and down are HPOS, GMPS, CNR or WID. Most of the other adjustments (RCUT, ECOL, ECNT, etc. ) are for color or tint adjustments for a professional TV Calibrator.

If you want to know how to get into the service menu just remember to write down all the original settings first and there are independent settings for ALL 5 input(AND the 3 modes - standard / theaterwide / full(except HD1 & HD2 inputs which are only Full mode).

So you should start on your HD 1 or 2 input depending on which input your 6000 is connected to , and try to adjust your settings(possibly TRAP,PARA or WID). THEN you will have to shut off the TV to get out of the service menu.

To get into the service menu press mute on the remote. Then press mute again and hold it. While holding the mute button,press the menu button on the front of the TV (an "s" will appear on the screen). Finally press the menu button on the TV a second time. You are now in service mode. On the remote press channel up or down through the settings and volume up or down to change settings. Hope this might help, Paul

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any way to get a crosshatch pattern up @1080i, or do i have to have a signal source on the 1080i input that can generate it?

mark

·
Registered
118 Posts
I deny,

I just recently performed some geometry/overscan adjustments on a CW34X92, and each input/mode has its own service menu values associated with it. For the HD 1080i signal, you need to provide the input. I usually use one of the HD local broadcasts. I'm in DC, and PBS is full time HD, HD FOX and CBS have logos on the right bottom and left top for aspect and size, and I use their bars on 480i upconverted signals for geometry, pincushioning and such.

Something I read someplace else to get a 1080i crosshatch and tried. Run test pattern on DVD (Avia or Video Essentials). Run DVD output to VCR line xx input. Run RF output of VCR to 6000 OTA tuner input. Set input on VCR to line xx. Turn VCR VTR switch on. Tune to "Local Channel" 3 on 6000. Do your adjustments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.