AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with an authorized distributor of the new Toshiba DST 3000 HDTV set-top box and I was wondering if there would be any interest in a group buy among my fellow forum members. Please e-mail if you're interested or have any questions and I will supply further info. regarding pricing and avail. Thanks!! If this is not allowed or it is not the correct place to post please let me know. Thanks again!!

Leroy

------------------

To Infinity and Beyond!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know that because of the response that I've received thus far I'm working on getting a better package for AVS Forum Members ie. (DST3000, dish, and free shipping) at a price better than any other site our there. Please checkback for further details. Thanks again!!

------------------

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'd also be interested. Could you please e-mail the details of the transaction at [email protected] I'd also appreciate if current owners of the DST-3000 could comment on the upconverted picture quality of standard DIRECTV channels. For example, on ESPN, bright colors have a feeze frame/strobing effect during fast motion? In addition, on channel 753, does anyone notice a halo effect and blurriness as text rolls across the screen? I owned the Mitsubishi SR HD-5 for a week and noticed these problems. I'm wondering if the DST-3000 also suffers from these upconversion side-effects since both products are manufactured by Hughes?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm interested as well, not only in the group buy but in a report on how quick the channel changes are, how good the unit is at picking up OTA signals, etc. Not to mention picture quality!

Thanks.

Patrick [email protected]

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well I just got my Friday or I would've been interested! Hey has anyone bought one of the qualifying Toshiba TVs for the rebate and already has a STB? We could do the rebate together and split it? Let me know.

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will try to have an update by 12:00 EST. I will also get back to everyone that has emailed with specfics of the deal. Thanks again for the interest.

------------------

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys!! I just sent an e-mail to everyone I believe that sent me an email personally with final details as things stand right now. As I mentioned initially I'm only doing this for AVS Members because this has been such an informative forum for myself personally and I wanted to be able to give back somehow. The individuals who post here regularly are so knowledgeable that it's almost intimidating to post and I would consider myself up to speed on most HT issues so I figured I could give back in other ways. Thanks again and I'm sorry I could only get a limited amount of the DST3000 but that is all the more reason to check the forum often. You never know what might turn up.

------------------

·
Registered
70 Posts
Leroy,

No offense, but do you have any credentials for yourself or the guy that is requesting that we pay him via PayPal...?

Thanks

-eB

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anybody dealt with this person before? He seems to have gotten kind of quiet since I started asking about his and his friends business history. I also sent him an email concerning this (using my real name) earlier without a response. I don't mean to question his integrity but if his friend is a legit dealer he should be able to provide some kind of business references. I have also never heard of a Toshiba-authorized dealer that uses PayPal to conduct business...

-eB

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've just emailed everyone that I've heard from regarding the latest details on the Group Buy. If you did not receive an email please send me one at [email protected] Thanks again!!

------------------

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ebony Blue,

It's quite interesting that even when someone tries to do a good deed that there will be someone that will misconstrue their intentions. The reason that Adrian/Fusion Media uses Paypal is because of the tremendous savings that a business owner will incur vs. using a Merchant Account. This savings can be passed on via lower prices. The reason that I didn't get back to you personally (I assume you're Everett) is that your e-mail was received after I left for the day and I didn't check it until this morning so take a chill pill. If you spoke to Adrian he could have pointed you to his website and also if you look at the lines he has access to (if you don't know ask him) that alone should prove his legitimacy. I'm sorry to everyone else if it seems like I'm venting but to get this kind of attack the first thing in the morning (without my first cup of coffee), it just didn't sit well with me . To everyone else I encourage you to post your feedback and experience here in this thread to let everyone else know what your experience was like dealing with me and Adrian. I was just trying to do a service for the awesome people in this forum and I apologize to everyone else that I have this attitude because of one individual.

------------------

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ebony,

Check your personal email. Thanks!!

------------------

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status