AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toshiba HD receiver will automatically add certain Guide Channels even to the Guides I specifically program, like NBA, NHL, and a few pay per view channels. It is big time annoying. My only gripe with the Toshiba STB. Anyone else have this problem, or should I just call Toshiba, gripe and get an exchange! Or is it simply software related and a software update at some point should fix?

------------------

Steve Bruzonsky

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with most of your guys thoughts on this. My favorite channel list should not take up dates, the other lists I could live with receiving the updates but and if I wish I could view them, it is annoying to go surfing and run into a promo for MLB/NHL/NFL sports package advertisement. I would image its annoying to the others here in the forum. Knock it off DirecTV! If you guys really want to get pissed off, unplug the DST3000, (*you just lost your favorite list its gone!) now ya gotta re-program the thing again...GGeeezzzzeeee!
------------------

Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

·
Registered
761 Posts
My DST3000 was doing pretty good, ok occasionally I would see a few added channels in the 100-200 range, nothing really disturbing. However, when my time didn't change for daylight savings, I unplugged it for 5 seconds and when I plugged it back in, I got alot of the baseball package channels along with assorted other channels. So if I can avoid the creation of a new guide when losing power, I don't find the 3-4 added channels I get normally too disturbing.

However, I do not think any channels should be automatically added by feeds or updates from DirecTV.

Terry

·
Registered
780 Posts
Steve,

Its a known issue with all the Hughes boxes. It's behaviour when DirecTV adds a new channel is to add it to all the lists, probably not a bad idea. The problem is that it doesn't keep track of deleted, then re-added channels, and that is what DirecTV is doing with these channels.

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.