Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you help with a Toshiba problem?

I've had by Toshiba DST-3000 for about 8 months now. It has always worked perfectly. The Toshibas don't have a fan and they do run hot. But mine has nothing stacked on top and always worked fine.

But several days ago, I started seeing massive pixelization and green splotches on my over the air digital channels. I also noticed that my signal strengths on these channels were now in the 70's instead of the 90's where they usually are. I did a soft reboot (Action-Power) and the problem went away. The picture was fine and the signals were back in the 90's. But about a half an hour later, the problem was back. I did several more reboots and always found that within an hour, the problem would return.

Just for the heck of it, I rebooted and then aimed a fan right at the unit to keep it very cool. Guess what? It ran fine for 24 hours. Then I turned the fan off and the problem returned within 15 minutes!

I am going to call Toshiba. I think this unit is defective. Do you agree? What could be causing it to overheat so quickly?

Brett

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I had a unit that did exactly what you describe. Toshiba replaced it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Greywolf. I'll contact Toshiba immediately. When you mailed your unit back in, did you send in the DirecTV activation card along with it? Or do you hold onto that and use it with the replacement unit? Was Toshiba pretty fast with a replacement unit?

tks,

Brett

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Keep the card. Send the unit to:

Toshiba

2969 Armory Dr Ste 300

Nashville TN 37204

Have your name, address and phone number on the inside and outside of the box. Put a written description of the problem in the box. I got mine back within a week of the time they received the box.

Good luck. I've been through 5 boxes to get 2 that work. They will reimburse shipping if you get a bad replacement unit.

When you get the replacement, you'll need to call Directv to match the card to the new box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.