AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experiencing extremely slow Advanced Program Guide funtionality on the Toshiba DST-3000?

I hit GUIDE on my remote and it takes 10-15 seconds for the list of 8 channels to display on the screen. It takes another 10-15 seconds to refresh after I hit channel down to get to next set of 8 channel listing displayed.

It's too slow to even use atm. It hasn't always been like this. It's been slow compared to my old Sony BS-2 guide but not unusable.

I tried updating the program guide from the satellite but it still crawls. I tried turning off the station icons and just using numbers but that didn't help.

The rest of the menu GUI appears to work smoothly. It's just the APG (even when using "My Logos" there is a long delay between when I hit a direction button on my remote and when the selection actually changes on screen.

Is there a fix for this? Is my situation unique or have others experienced a very slow reaction time while using the AGP on the Toshiba DST-3000. How does it perform for you? (It's similar to when a computer is low on memory and everything moves very slowly)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Try re-loading your zip code database under the Dish Setup menu. You need to re-load the database, then re-load your zip code and allow the receiver to update the guide when you exit out of this menu. Through trial and error, I've determined that this fixes the bogged down APG. I think the guide slowdowns are caused when you try to search for certain programs or perform a theme filters search. There must be some bug in the guide software on these Hughes receivers.

Andrew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andrew,

I unplugged the unit for a few hours and then re-loaded zip code database and downloaded guide again. It works fine again.

I use the Wordfind feature quite often as it's easy to track down a Diamonback baseball game that way. Perhaps that is what has been slowing me down. I'll keep an eye on it and try to track down the cause.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm almost positive your searching under the Wordfind feature is the cause of your slow APG. I've used the same search functions on my receiver and subsequently experienced a bogged down APG. There must be some type of software bug in the receiver's search functions.

Andrew

·
Registered
78 Posts
I noticed this slow down without using theme search.

I noticed once in a while when you use the DST3000's

favorite "9" channels screen, it slows down as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.