AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried one last night and was impressed with the tuners sensitivity and ability to bring in weak OTA signals.

But ... over-all I'll take my WinTV-D card in my pc. I did a direct A/B between several HD programs last night. One big thing I noticed is that for our local CBS affiliates programming the DST-3000 overly cropped the image which was being displayed on my 4x3 RPTV. It had several inches over matted on the top and bottom by the grey bars when compared to the same program via the WinTV-D.

The other real annoying thing is the persistence of the display banner when you change channels. It stays up way too long.

I also thought that the grey bars for matting widescreen material on a 4x3 display were able to config for grey or black but there is no such option.

The colors seemed "washed" out on the DST-3000 vs the WinTV-D too.

Bob

------------------

WinXP RC1, AMD Athlon 1.2ghz, AMD Chipset, 384MB, Radeon AIW, WinTV-D & DirectX 8.1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BHeld:
I did a direct A/B between several HD programs last night.
You are able to display HD (high definition) material with the WinTV-D? I was under the impression it down converts all material to 480i.

I agree completely about the channel banner. I am to the point where I change the channel then press the INFO button a couple times to make it go away faster.

-Mike

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GNXClone,

I have a SD 4x3 RPTV thus the WinTV-D output of 480i via s-video is just what I need. Same with the DST-3000 .... I'm just using the s-video out.

Watching a digital channel like when the US Open was on vs the analog one was night and day difference. The weekend CBS college football games are the same.

I was thinking of the DST-3000 for convenience and also for HDNET sports. Right now I have to run a 20' s-video cable from my pc (WinTV-D)in one room to my television.

Bob

------------------

WinXP RC1, AMD Athlon 1.2ghz, AMD Chipset, 384MB, Radeon AIW, WinTV-D & DirectX 8.1

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GNXClone:

I agree completely about the channel banner. I am to the point where I change the channel then press the INFO button a couple times to make it go away faster.

-Mike
Just hit the EXIT button instead.

--Carlos V

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.