AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I pair the DST3000 with my Sony plasma TV with setting 16:9/1080i/Full aspect, the HD signals have sidebars (left and right) while SD and cable signals shown full screen. In HD signal, people/thing seem longer/taller because hoz dimension is squished while vertical dimension remain true...

Any insight would be appreciated.

My first impression of the Toshiba DST3000 is posted at: http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/S...ct_72512.shtml

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you say you are seeing sidebars when viewing the digital OTA channels, then you are not watching true HD. You are probably watching 480i/480p/upconverted 1080i of analog program. That is why FOX has sidebars on their 480P presentations. Checkout some real HD materials tonight [CBS channel 29-1 starting at 8pm or the Tonight Show at 11:30pm on 57-1].

·
Registered
903 Posts
Why do you indicate Channel numbers with a hyphen i.e. 29-1 and 57-1. You can't tune anything but the 29 or 57 so why show the rest?

Hope I don't wind up with egg on my face.

------------------

Hugh Campbell

·
Registered
808 Posts
The "-1" indicates a digital channel. These may either be

the physical number assigned to the affiliate or a virtual

number that matches the analog value. For example KGO in the San Francisco area is 7. This can either be seen as 24-1 or 7-1 depending on the situation.

You can select "-1" with the DST-3000 remote as part of the channel number. I believe the "-" is next to the "0" on the keypad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.