AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time like this that I'm glad I don't work in customer support.

When I recieved my DST3000 it did not come with the "cable mouse" or IR emmiter that the packaging said it should be there. I hadn't really planned on using the DST3000 to record onto my S-VHS VCR because I have a DirecTivo that does a better job. However, I thought I might want to record something that only came on a high-def channel downconverted onto the VCR. Soooooo, I called Toshiba and told them I did not get the Cable Mouse/IR emmitter. The customer service rep said they did not carry a part number for the IR cable but she would check into it and send me a new one. This was back in January. I hadn't heard a thing, so I had pretty much given up on them.

Low and behold, today I came home a found a small box with the TOSHIBA name proudly blazened on the outside sitting on my porch. It took me a while to remember the IR cable I had ordered months before. I thought "Wow, Toshiba is slow but at least they have their act together."

However, we I opened the box - what did I find? A coax cable. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. If I thought someone at Toshiba really thought someone with a HI-DEF decoder actually wanted a coax cable to hook to their VCR I think I would cry. But more likely, someone just couldn't find the right part and just shipped something. I chose laughter in the end and I'm still laughing.

Greg Goodman

LOL in St. Louis

BTW - I don't think I'll bother them for the right cable. Does anyone know if the IR emitter that I got with my Sony B55 DirecTV reciever, Web TV or JVC SVH VCR would work if plugged into my DST3000? (I'm afraid to try and fry the DST3000 over something I'm not that interested in).

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
This is very funny.

I have used several different mice with different boxes with no problems. The mouse is just an LED. There shouldn't be anything special about it.

--RIck

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
When I switched boxes I used the last one that I had already connected and set up. It works fine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I decided to try the cables I have and tried the old WebTV one that I had since I no longer use that box. It did not work. So, I broke out the one from the Sony B55 box that I had and it worked. (I didn't try the JVC VCR because the jack was a different size.)

So, for future reference. It looks like the cables from the different DirecTv boxes work but not from other devices. Makes sense....

------------------
I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incinerate me.

http://home.swbell.net/goodmann/home_theater.htm

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
The cable I used was from the DTC-100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.