AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to pickup a new Toshiba DST3000 top set at my local big box store but stopped when I was told the model was about to be replaced with a new one. Does anybody have information on the change? I would appreciate any comments regarding why I should or should not buy the DST3000 now. I intent on using it for all signal types (UHF/VHF/local HD TV in the Detroit area, Directv and HDDirectv). The set I am using is the Toshiba 42H81. Many thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hughes is coming out with a new model and I suppose, since they make the Toshiba, they will also have a new version of the DST3000.

Look for it in August (or later).

BTW, Samsung has one coming out that will probably be here earlier thatn the Hughes.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
I'm in the same boat -- am just about to get HDTV via Directv, but the retailers in my nbhd. only seem to have boxes that are or are about to be disontinued. Any ideas on what box to buy now, or what to wait for (and how long)? Also, does anyone know of any net/mail retailers as the local stores here seem clueless.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Excerpt taken today from from Twice.Com,

Toshiba Unveils Full Television Lineup

"However, the company is preparing to deliver in the fourth quarter a second-generation set-top ATSC/NTSC/DirecTV digital tuner/decoder to bring digital reception to its HDTV monitor line. The $799.99 suggested retail box (DST-3100) was designed entirely by Toshiba — unlike the earlier model that had been acquired from another manufacturer — and includes a Digital Visual Interface (DVI) connector with HDCP content protection.

In addition to receiving over-the-air DTV and NTSC broadcasts, the set-top box will receive DirecTV standard and HDTV services. It will output formats in 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i, and offers aspect ratio control over output signals regardless of format type, and an enhanced onscreen graphical user interface."

Jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.