1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--- Message from Toshiba ---

Thanks for writing!

We appreciate your interest in Toshiba.

The DST3100 is scheduled to be released at the end of October/beginning of November.

Please write back if I can assist you further.

Dave

Toshiba Customer Service

·
Registered
640 Posts
Have any of the industry insiders had a chance to preview the DST3100 and if so, can you provide some feed back on the unit's features, GUI, picture quality, etc?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have not, but when questioning a D* employee in the know back in July I was told to play it safe and go with the new LG/Sony. Apparently Toshiba has some issues that they've been bantering back and forth between them and D*. Remember this is Toshiba's first gen box. The 3000 is a rebadged Hughes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hansen
Have any of the industry insiders had a chance to preview the DST3100 and if so, can you provide some feed back on the unit's features, GUI, picture quality, etc?

·
UHD Addict
38,799 Posts
At this rate the HD-Tivo will be out before the 3100. Of course I'm just going to keep using my DST-3000 until the HD-Tivo comes out in 2004.

My Home Theater

·
Banned
972 Posts
Ok here it goes,

I just got off the phone with Toshiba CSR and said that he just got Info just today that the Toshiba DST-3100 is scheduled as scheduled to be shipped out late October, beginning November.

·
UHD Addict
38,799 Posts
thats the same info i heard today on another forum. I guess this is good news, but too late for me since I decided to wait. Besides I just spent the money I originally had allocated for the DST3100 on a Denon DVD-2200.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone heard any new information regarding the Toshiba DST-3100's release.

I know there is an online store that says that Toshiba is waiting for the DirecTV sale to go through before shipping, but that's a stupid reason if you as me.

Also I've heard that there maybe a exclusivity agreement between LG/Sony and Hughes/DirecTV to be the first newer HD receiver for a period of 90 days. I don't know if that's true, but it would explain a few things.

And I've already read on another forum that it's delayed because it failed some tests from DirecTV.

Basically, I don't know what to believe. I wish Toshiba would just come out and say what the real hold up is or announce a realistic release date.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
414 Posts
This thread got a little off topic.....

The Toshiba 3100 is now rumored to be released in mid-January. This box is now 6+ months late. If Toshiba was smart they'd scrap it and move on the the next generation! Last I heard Toshiba and D* were still hashing out some technical issues. I heard this over the summer and again just before the holidays...

I wouldn't hold my breath and even if they do get it released, will it work?

BTW, I Do NOT believe that the delay has anything to do with Toshiba waiting for News Corp. to close on the deal. If anything thats an excuse and a pretty lame one at that!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Curious that 6th ave has been offering their HD D* package including the Toshiba 3100 for almost a month now, and it seems the unit has never been released. How odd is that? Of course the disclaimer states models may vary (to one that is actually in production)>

Jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.