AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this recorder connected to my JVC LCD TV using an HDMI cable and composite cables for the VCR section.. When I want to record to a DVD or watch one that has been recorded I have to use the Video(composite) input of the TV. Is this common for DVD recorders or is it a cable connection problem?

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browndk26 /forum/post/9531695

I have this recorder connected to my JVC LCD TV using an HDMI cable and composite cables for the VCR section.. When I want to record to a DVD or watch one that has been recorded I have to use the Video(composite) input of the TV. Is this common for DVD recorders or is it a cable connection problem?

browndk

I'm not sure if you found an answer to this question yet.I own two Toshiba DVR5's,one for the living room and the other my bedroom.I usuallly watch and record when I have my Panasonic 42" plasma in my bedroom set to Component 2.My other television is a Toshiba 65" and I watch and record DVD's with it set to ColorStream 1.I think that would be similar to a component mode.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browndk26 /forum/post/9531695

composite should only be necessary for vcr tape viewing although jvc had vcr component outputs a few years ago, do they still?) if youre watching dvds then u should be able to use the hdmi. for recording to dvd from tv, see if tv has s video output, if so use s video cable to dvd recorder. for vcr, there is only composite, i would think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.