AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, I installed an ISO-burned disc for the 2.0 firmware version, and everything worked great. More HD DVD discs played without problems. However, I've recently noticed that combo HD/DVD discs won't play. I was hoping that a new firmware would fix this. I missed the 2.1 firmware update (and now can't find it anywhere to download), and whenever I try to instruct my player to update over ethernet or use the ISO-burned disc of the 2.2 firmware version from Toshiba's site, the player just displays "GOODBYE" on the LED display, and shuts down. Any thoughts? I've called Toshiba and they're sending me an official 2.2 disc, but I'm concerned that I may have to send the unit in for repair.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions...

-Robert

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought I should give an update on this issue. Last year, when I purchased my HD-A1, I thought I had successfully burned a firmware disc and upgraded the firmware. For the last few months, though, I haven't been able to get most new HD DVD titles from Netflix to play. I checked my firmware settings in the SETUP menu, and it displays:

1.2/1.09/2.0P

I thought the last value was the "2.0" firmware update, but I think the 1.2 value at the beginning indicates that I'm still using the 1.2 firmware. Regardless, I am unable to update the firmware on the unit, via ethernet or a burned ISO CD-R. I've tried 1.4, 2.0, and now 2.2. Each time, it displays a message about the unit updating but quickly switches to "GOODBYE" on the LED display on the unit and shuts down.

Any thoughts?

-Robert

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, rare-air. I'm concerned that I'm going to have to pay out of pocket since it's probably just over a year since I got this alpha product. :p Anyone know if Toshiba is extra nice about stuff like this when it comes to repairs?

-Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.