I have this precise problem also - with same setup - I think you could add a fix command on the harmony also to switch away to 5 and then back to 6.
Originally Posted by jim.bennett /forum/post/0
gotta love hdmi
Originally Posted by amheck /forum/post/0
Interesting fix. I have a 940HD panel, and have the A2 on order. Also have the 880. Curious to see if I'll run into the same problem. With the delay built in, do you have to leave the remote pointed at the equipment rack the whole time?
Originally Posted by dlconner /forum/post/0
Does it only happen when you power them both on at the exact same time? I always turn on my TV while the A2 is powering up, and it always detects the A2 when it is ready, (I have the 5071 as well).
Originally Posted by Blister72 /forum/post/0
LOL...I'm just curious how far away the couch is from the display and devices, for you guys having trouble with HDMI, input selection, powering on, booting up the A2, and very expensive remotes to do this in sequential combination.
Here are my steps for watching an HD DVD in my A2:
1) Get off the couch, walk 10-12'
2) Power TV on (with Insight remote or my right index finger on top of display, if it's not already on.)
3) Power on HD-A2 (well before actually grabbing a movie...This time with either the Toshiba remote, or again...my right index finger on the A2.)
4) Choose HDMI input 4 on TV...(most likely with my right index finger, while standing there at the TV.)
5) Grab the stack of movies, sort through...choose one, (all while standing.)
6) Yeah! The A2 has booted up, "no disc"...(hit "open", insert disc, push "close" with right index finger again.)
7) Turn on receiver, select Video 2, crank up the volume...(again with right index finger, bent over, while standing.)
8) Last step...Grab the Toshiba remote...sit down on said couch...and enjoy all of the HD goodness that HD DVD has to offer!)
No tech support, no holding on calls, no loss of $$$.$$ on Harmony remote, no macros to input, and heck...I probably even burn a few of those calories from beer off in the process.
Ahhhh...The things we do for love of convenience! LOL!