AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good show on that price, and if you had the unit with the rebate offered a few weeks back as in my case, you got it for the same price.

BTW Just got off the phone at onecall.com (*Larry)they said that they will BEAT that price 9:15am EST..

Just mention my name-->Graphics for the discount ask for Larry.

-----------------------------------
Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I just bought a DST-3000 from OneCall mail-order fro $650.+shipping. They had an open box one for $599. but when i called to order it, they asked me if i wanted a brand new one for $650. So, i took it.

Prices keep dropping!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by santellavision:
I just bought a DST-3000 from OneCall mail-order fro $650.+shipping. They had an open box one for $599. but when i called to order it, they asked me if i wanted a brand new one for $650. So, i took it.

Prices keep dropping!!
i just ordered one from them too. tried to get the open-box one, but they were out. BUT......................they gave me a new one for $599, plus 15 for shipping!!!!

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Great deal! Hey if you come across a way to hookup a RF remote to it let me know. The Toshiba only has an IF remote (Urgh!) The unit does have a RF port (?) on the back that i assume will accept a RF receiver or something. I've tried contacting everyone on the planet about this and of course nobody knows anything about that port.

·
Registered
688 Posts
i have to ask you guys...why this toshiba stb and not the rca dtc-100. does the tosh perform better than the rca?

i appreciate any comments on any members who has tried this toshiba box as i recently purchased a directv hd capeable dish.

------------------

Vu

radeon htpc

denon avr-3300

denon dvd-2500

mitsubishi ws-55805

monitor audo silver series

[This message has been edited by bodegabay (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The price is right now so just choose the right outputs (component or VGA) for your TV. All the boxes work about the same with different menu system. Go to the web site www.**************.com and pick your STB. If I was buying another one, I would get the Hughes 547.00 or the RCA DTC-100 for 488.00. If I had a Toshiba TV I would get the Toshiba 650.00, same if I had a Sony or Mits.

And there are OVER a 100K STB's sold!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Quote:
And there are OVER a 100K STB's sold!
It seems that could be right but do you have a source for that info?

------------------

Rich Peterson

DBS Consumer Guide Author

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.