AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
A2 is made in both China and Japan - depends which shipment you get.

·
Premium Member
8,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9009 /forum/post/0

Where are the XA2, A20 and A2 made? Japan? China? Elsewhere?...

You rip the thought out of my head, lately I've been think where are the newest players made. I believe my A1 was made Japan....Can't check at the moment pulled my back
Wondering the same thing, with all this talk of Chinese cheaper players ,$100 discounts.

Djoel

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
XA2 in China???
At this price?
Maybe it is time to re-evaluate my decision to get a Toshiba HD-DVD player until the price also becomes "Chinese".

I will return an A20 (made in China, of course) to BB as it has big issues: brighter strip at the top of the screen in very dark scenes, jagged edges on 1080/60p, etc.

·
Registered
977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9009 /forum/post/0

XA2 in China???
At this price?
Maybe it is time to re-evaluate my decision to get a Toshiba HD-DVD player until the price also becomes "Chinese".

It's no surprise, really. From history, Toshiba has always worked hard to be the first Japanese maker with their products made outside of Japan. For example, Toshiba was the first Japanese maker to have their VCRs made outside of Japan, and that was in 1989. Same thing as for DVD players (ended in 2000), portable DVD players (ended in 2002), and LCD/plasma TVs (ended in 2004). Luckily, I do have Toshiba's last Made in Japan VCR (SV-771) and portable DVD player (SD-P2000).
Both are still working fine today.

Don't forget that Toshiba is allowing Orion (Sansui) to make most of their products right now. All Toshiba CRT tube TVs, LCD TVs sized 23" and under, plasma TVs, and DVD/VCR combos are made by Orion.

If you do want a Made in Japan Toshiba HD-DVD player, look at the HD-XA1.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
the components are all made in the same places, it is where they are put together that the box indicates. i.e. the hd dvd drives are ALL made in China.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
HD DVD Players sold in Japan are all MADE IN CHINA 中国

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I got an A2 that is Made in Japan but no way to tell if it is better quality than one Made in China. Plus, I believe all the parts are same except on assembly, unless somebody here can show me the difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.