AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start by saying that I am new to AVS Forum and wanted to begin by asking a question related to the Toshiba HD RPTV's.

I am the proud owner of a 2000/2001 65H80 set and it has been great. One thing of note is that when I bought that set, it weighed in at 438 pounds.

The new 2001/2002 model 65H81 now weighs in at only 268 pounds.

My question is what has Toshiba changed to drop 160 pounds.

Any ideas would be appreciated..... I can tell you that my set was a bear to move into the house, especially with only 2 people.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Here is a quick reply. I have heard people say that because of new technology, etc. they were able to make the components in the set lighter. I have also heard something about 540p (which all 480i/p signals are converted to) and 1080i have the same scan rate or something along those lines, whereas before the set had to accomadate 480i/p which required additional hardware, etc. Hopefully this reply was useful and more people can elaborate on it. You may also try doing a search.

HDCblGuy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.