Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a better deal???

Toshiba HD-A2 for $445.39 (Canadian)

Toshiba HD-A20 for $539.99 (Canadian)

or is HD going to be the "beta" of yesteryear??? All opinions appreciated

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'd recommend spending a couple of hours searching through this forum as well as being more specific with your question before creating a new thread. You're bound to get hammered pretty hard for not indicating either of these.

What kind of TV you you have?

What size is it?

Is it 1080p?

Do you have a 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 setup?

Can your receiver and/or TV accept HDMI?

Does your receiver have analog 5.1 inputs if it does not have HDMI inputs?

What is your budget?

Have you looked at the XA-2?

These questions can go on forever. The more specific you are, the better and faster of a response you will receive from members.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Is your TV a 720P or 1080P model?

·
Registered
16,166 Posts
bob, this has been covered a million times in the forum. Some claim BD has already won, some claim HD-DVD will win, and in reality nobody knows who will win the war. IMO, both formats will be here to stay, HD-DVD is the better value right now since they are less expensive than BD, and the A2 is the best value (as long as you don't need 5.1 analog outs).

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I asked to see if you live near a U.S. Costco with the exchange rate buying the Toshiba D2 is a great deal.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob16 /forum/post/0

What is a better deal???

Toshiba HD-A2 for $445.39 (Canadian)

Toshiba HD-A20 for $539.99 (Canadian)

or is HD going to be the "beta" of yesteryear??? All opinions appreciated

The "SEARCH" feature will work wonders for you. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
561 Posts
HD-A2 is on at bestbuy.ca right now for $399 with 3 free movies in the box.

Thats about the best deal in canada right now. If you have a us address or amerifrend amazon has the same player for $249 plus 5 free movies by mail and another 2 free instantly when you buy the matrix. Far better value when you factor the current exchange rate.

Blu Ray cannot complete with this pricing, it's only a matter of time until Blu Ray becomes a specialty ps3 game system format only.

·
Registered
127 Posts
anyone actually get dvd in the box? i got HD-A yesterday with nothing. i brought it to the attention of BB but couldn't do anything about it. I did called toshioba today they care less too, as long as the box doesnt days " hd dvd inside".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.